Session-1: Key note presentation on Career Planning
Career planning encourages individuals to explore and gather information, which enables them to synthesize, gain competencies, make decisions, set goals and take action. Students who participate in the career development workshops, they –
- Will articulate best ways to make a first impression and analyze strengths by creating a personal statement.
- Will identify appropriate elements to prepare a resume stand out from the crowd.
- Will also identify the most effective ways a cover letter can answer a job description, and how to best leverage social media in their job search.
- Will learn how to apply, network, leverage social media, interview, follow-up, and evaluate options through research and with the help of experienced faculty and talented professionals.
Session-2: Round Table discussion on Current job market & upcoming market demand
Due to global pandemic situation duly created by COVID19 private sectors are bit facing crisis in their sales market in home and abroad. Particularly our export market are dominating by foreign buyer specially European & American market those are severally affected by COVID19 resulted to reduced their buying power due to constant lock down in the respective countries. So job market has been reducing as a logical sequence as well. As a growing country Bangladesh is mostly dependent on the foreign currency earning through Man power export and Goods export particularly RMG export, on which our foreign currency reserve, and import bills payment mostly dependent and our employment as well. Since our export market and man power export were affected by the on-going COVID19 situation so our employment is also affected directly.
During the year 2020 and 2021 was severely affected by COVID19 in our manufacturing sector, so everybody were busy to survive without further expansion rather trying to improve their efficiency for to ensure their minimum profit. Meantime European and American Government is successfully ensured Vaccine for their citizens and hope, by this year they will be complete the vaccination to go back normal life. We hope, their normal life will ensure their natural movement in their home and abroad which will enable us to get more volume for sales and export. Since last couple of years we were passing without any expansion in our manufacturing sector even no BMRE so global market will bound us to expand our production capacity, sales & export turnover but without further BMRE/expansion this challenge should not be faced. All these parameter shows that employment market will be expanded soon as a logical sequence of the current scenario. Like a expected growing country Bangladeshi job market will be a good opportunity for employee and employers as well.
Session-3: Presentation on Employability Skills
Over the last couple of decades, employers have become increasingly vocal about employability skills: the set of transferable skills characterized as the higher-order thinking skills and personal attributes that employees need to be succeed in a work environment. Completing this session Participant can –
- Be able to solve problems
- Connect with co-workers
- Be a part of and understand his/her role within the team
- Make responsible choices for his/her job and his/her career
- Be independent and take charge of his/her career
- Improve their productivity and competitiveness.
Session-4: Presentation on “Leadership Capacity”
- Mr. Ezajur Rahman (Leadership capacity)
Session-5: Round Table discussion on winning an aspired job quickly
Due to availability and easy access to the global information world all job seekers could easily find out the prospective jobs of leading corporate house of the country through this sort of job fair. It would be more realistic if we could ensure our physical presence but due to COVID19 pandemic limitation we have to arrange it through virtual arrangement as circulated. However, competent job seekers would be able to interact themselves with their pairs, superiors, mentors, and corporate houses particularly with the HRM professionals within the same platform in the name of MYJOBS virtual Job Fair 2021; which would be a historic milestone in their life and profession as well.
Session-6: Round Table discussion on emotional intelligences in the interview session
Interview skills are an essential tool for all job seekers in the today’s global job market as there is increasing competition for getting job against the limited vacancies. This is largely due to the rise in graduation rates, consequently there are far more candidates applying for the same jobs. Outcome from this session:
- Obtain important tips on preparing for the professional interview.
- Know the commonly asked questions in the job interviews; and how to answer them including the way of reply before the interview board.
- Know the interviewer’s expectations from the candidates as well.
- Articulate the importance of self-presentation for job interviews.
Session-7: Presentation on Competency Framework
All job seekers & professionals could interact each other in the platform of MYJOBS virtual job fair about their educational background, academic merit, intellectual skills, professional expertise, and moral values, and therefore they could compare each other. Thus they could easily find out their own strength and weakness as well. One the other hand they could exercise their competency with their contemporary job seekers through this framework.